Deadline: 10 April 2023
Based in: Friends of the Earth Europe, Brussels
Friends of the Earth Europe (FoEE) campaigns at the heart of Europe for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. We are the largest grassroots environmental network in Europe, uniting 32 national organisations with thousands of local groups as part of Friends of the Earth International. Our vision is of a peaceful and sustainable world, founded on social, economic, racial, gender and environmental justice and free from all forms of domination and exploitation.
We are looking for a Network Development and Support Coordinator for FoEE’s network to contribute to campaign and programmes and deliver collaborative projects and capacity building that strengthen the network and build a pan-European movement in support of FoEE’s mission, vision, values and the implementation of the strategy.
The role contributes to the membership development of FoEE and Friends of the Earth International, delivers knowledge management for the network, leads on development and coordination of cross-cutting topics and projects, supports FoEE’s work with ally organisations, to contribute to fundraising
The postholder is a member of FoEE’s Coordination and Management Team and leads the network development team of currently two people. This is expected to grow.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an environmental justice NGO working at the European level and a vibrant European network.
- Strategic and programmatic leadership
- Coordination and capacity building
- Membership development and retention
- Team leadership
Strategic and programmatic leadership
- Identify issues relevant for the FoEE and develop and deliver cross-cutting projects for the network
- Support colleagues in establishing coalitions with ally organisations
- Coordination and capacity building
- Identify needs of strengths and needs of member organisations
- Identify needs of programme teams/colleagues in relation to the successful delivery of campaigns
- Develop and deliver a capacity building framework to deliver relevant activities for the network
Membership development and retention
- Contribute to the membership development strategy and implementation for the Europe region within Friends of the Earth International
- Coordinate the membership application and evaluation process for Europe in cooperation with FoEI
- Ensure regular contact and information exchange with members
- Deliver timely and accurate knowledge and information management for members
- Contribute to the development of projects
- Contribute to drafting of project and grant applications
- Lead the team to contribute to the implementation of FoEE’s strategy and deliver relevant activities in accordance with FoEE’s internal procedures
- Ensure the team members have workplans, regular meetings and support, and annual appraisals that monitor wellbeing and delivery of workplans and ensure team member development
- Recruitment, induction and integration of new team members
Requirements for the role-holder:
- Committed to FoEE’s vision, mission and values
- Able to demonstrate a personal commitment to sustainable development and environmental justice
- Experience in facilitation, capacity building and training
- Experience in project development and management
- Experience in membership/client relations management and retention
- Experience in leading teams and in people management and development
- Strategic thinking, analytical and decision making skills
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate and engage people to work together
- Organisational and planning skills, including the ability to plan activities that achieve long-term strategic goals
- Written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in a senior management position and team
- Ability to speak one or more other European languages
- Previous related experience with (an)other environmental or civil society organisation, preferably at a pan-European level
- Proficient user of Microsoft office programmes
- Able to travel abroad extensively, often for trips of several days and including evening and weekend work
This position is offered as a full-time position in Brussels, Belgium for a period of twelve months. It can be made permanent, subject to satisfactory performance and available funding.
We offer a salary between 4.997€ and 5.670€ gross, depending on a competency assessment.
FoEE offers an attractive benefits package, including a 13th month salary, lunch vouchers, an additional 5 days of holidays per year, pension scheme, hospitalisation and comprehensive travel insurance. We also offer full coverage of train travel in case of commuting within Belgium. FoEE offers a motivating working environment in an international office located in an environmentally-friendly NGO building.
To carry out the job, the team member must be based in Belgium. The job is subject to FoEE’s teleworking policy, which allows for hybrid working.
FoEE actively welcomes candidates of all descriptions, regardless of age, sexual orientation, marital status, wealth, religious, philosophical or political beliefs, language, present or future state of health, disability, physical or genetic characteristics, gender, pregnancy, parental status, change of sex, nationality, race, skin colour, ancestry, nationality, descent, national or ethnic or social origin. FoE Europe strives to make our office as diverse as possible.
Send your cv and a motivation letter describing how you meet the above-mentioned requirements by 10 April 2023 by 23.59h CET to: email@example.com.
The ideal starting date of the post is 1st June 2023.
Due to the volume of applications, we will contact only short-listed candidates – thank you for your understanding.