Friends of the Earth is seeking a Fundraising Coordinator
Deadline: 22nd May 2022
Based in: Brussels
Friends of the Earth Europe (FoEE) campaigns at the heart of Europe for sustainable and just societies and for the protection of the environment. We are the largest grassroots environmental network in Europe, uniting 32 national organisations with thousands of local groups as part of Friends of the Earth International. Our vision is of a peaceful and sustainable world, founded on social, economic, racial, gender and environmental justice and free from all forms of domination and exploitation.
We are looking for a Fundraising Coordinator to support FoEE in securing resources to deliver impactful campaigns on today’s most pressing environmental and social justice issues.
In this role you will identify and successfully pursue funding opportunities with a broad range of funders, including the European Commission, charitable trusts and foundations, government institutions and other donors, to ensure FoEE has sustainable income to deliver the programme strategies.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an environmental justice NGO working at the European level, and a vibrant European network.
- Develop and implement the fundraising strategy for FoEE that supports the delivery of programme strategies and ambitions and includes opportunities for FoEE member groups to participate in joint projects
- Provide regular reports to the Director, Coordination and Management Team and the Executive Committee
- Monitor changes and trends in fundraising and advise FoEE staff, member groups and the Executive Committee
- Identify relevant funding opportunities for FoEE to submit successful proposals
- Ensure good coordination and information flow within the office and network on fundraising opportunities, changes and trends
- Coordinate high quality fundraising proposals with colleagues, partner organisations and member groups’ fundraisers
- Support colleagues in drafting high quality proposals with accurate and reliable budgets
- Build relationships with funders and support the development of strategic partnerships with key donors
- Provide fundraising income forecasts
- Support the Communications Team to ensure good visibility of FoEE’s work and achievements towards the funding community
Team work and support
- Deliver capacity building workshops for colleagues on basic fundraising skills and concepts
- Build and maintain good working relationships with fundraisers in FoEI and FoEE member groups, coordinate work and cooperate for mutual benefits
- Advise the network/specific groups of members on new fundraising opportunities
Requirements (skills and qualifications):
- Committed to FoEE’s vision, mission and values
- Relationship building and networking skills to establish and foster successful partnerships with donors, partners and member groups
- Analytical skills to process information from varied sources into reports and presentations
- Oral and written communication skills in English, as this is the working language of the post
- Organisational skills to set up and manage processes; manage several proposal processes simultaneously; work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Knowledge of finance and budgetary cycles
- Ability to motivate and engage colleagues to jointly deliver results for fundraising
- Knowledge of the theory of change, log frame and other project design frameworks
- Experience in writing successful fundraising applications
- Track record of successful fundraising across the European programmes, such as for example LIFE, Erasmus and Horizon 2020, governmental institutions and private donors
- Experience in developing and delivering a fundraising strategy
- Prepared to work occasional evenings and weekends and to travel abroad, when needed
- Self-motivating, able to work in a team and independently
- Innovative and creative, with ability to develop and implement new ideas
- Have a background in NGO or voluntary activities
- Ability to speak and write one or more of the other EU languages
- Successful experience of fundraising for grassroots campaigns
- Able to provide training for others in drafting fundraising applications
- Demonstrable experience of being able to commission and manage external providers to meet objectives
This position is offered as a full-time position in Brussels, Belgium for a period of twelve months. It can be made permanent, subject to satisfactory performance and available funding for this work.
We offer a salary between 3.300€ and 3.880€ gross, depending on a competency assessment.
FoE Europe offers an attractive benefits package, including a 13th month salary, lunch vouchers, an additional 5 days of holidays per year, pension scheme, hospitalisation and comprehensive travel insurance. We also offer full coverage of train travel in case of commuting within Belgium. FoE Europe offers a motivating working environment in an international office located in an environmentally-friendly NGO building.
Conditions are according to Belgian legislation; hence the position is open solely to persons with the right to live and work in the EU. The team member must be based in Belgium and the job can be done partially from home according to FoEE’s relevant policy.
Friends of the Earth Europe actively welcomes candidates of all descriptions, regardless of age, sexual orientation, marital status, wealth, religious, philosophical or political beliefs, language, present or future state of health, disability, physical or genetic characteristics, gender, pregnancy, parental status, change of sex, nationality, race, skin colour, ancestry, nationality, descent, national or ethnic or social origin. FoE Europe strives to make our office as diverse as possible.
Send your motivation letter describing how do you fulfil the above-mentioned requirements, and, your CV, by 22 May 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal starting date of the post is July or August 2022.